What is Win32/Kryptik.GQFN infection?
In this post you will locate about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GQFN as well as its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GQFN infection will instruct its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Enumerates user accounts on the system;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Simplified);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cerber ransomware;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks through which Win32/Kryptik.GQFN Ransomware are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a resource that holds a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or stop the gadget from functioning in a proper fashion – while likewise putting a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the documents or bring back the data system back to the first problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GQFN distribution channels.
In various edges of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GQFN grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom amount might differ relying on specific regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding illegal web content.
In countries where software piracy is much less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GQFN popup alert may falsely declare to be stemming from a police organization as well as will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GQFN popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization and also will report having located youngster porn or other prohibited information on the device. The alert will likewise have a need for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 3617A870md5: be8dd9e1c10f25f30df7a72ab9683218name: BE8DD9E1C10F25F30DF7A72AB9683218.mlwsha1: a6bda91a66af43d45f60ebc26facde8a35fdbec9sha256: 120d215d0840961cd340ec1063ae1478c8a5ce05cf42a37c723740943050cdcdsha512: 2794b3b831767ac32d0163f8c77fde746b6afb5d699f1318b031c7e1462b0d83ad0dfc253878f219a2606240f6e5fea59ddd68601fbbd713522c0a0530b14390ssdeep: 6144:5RtPtxT2/dLtf8DsKgZGQjjYKjX+pfK+IS0Koa+888888888888W88888888888:JtxT2jf8DFfgDMIjKoa+88888888888type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyrightxa9 2015 IObit. All Rights Reserved.InternalName: AipdateFileVersion: 188.8.131.52CompanyName: I ObitLegalTrademarks: IObitComments: IObit AipdateProductName: IObit AipdateProductVersion: 3.0FileDescription: I Obit AipdateOriginalFilename: Aipdate.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04e4
Win32/Kryptik.GQFN also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00472d801 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GQFN|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Ransom-EJ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GQFN virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GQFN files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GQFN you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)