What is Win32/Kryptik.GKNP infection?
In this article you will locate about the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.GKNP and its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GKNP infection will instruct its sufferers to start funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable browser security warnings;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents located on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the data;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels through which Win32/Kryptik.GKNP Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that holds a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the tool from working in a correct fashion – while additionally placing a ransom money note that states the need for the targets to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the documents or bring back the file system back to the preliminary condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GKNP circulation networks.
In various edges of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GKNP expands by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary relying on particular neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited material.
In countries where software piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.GKNP popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located kid porn or other prohibited information on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GKNP popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will report having situated kid porn or other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: EBFB637Amd5: 45f549f564bb6af9e76da9e9451f68e3name: 45F549F564BB6AF9E76DA9E9451F68E3.mlwsha1: 14a871243660a7ab8524fddb06512adf5b4da1b0sha256: 88086b2a5c2094a7dfc9cfe7ad7399788566d1935a01321bb2f95c0a2fdb6b89sha512: f59324b0b8cbe60eeb28e3be4749a31408fbe2145f9b60b0e4fdddb675a42a06bfd0e9e2e86c8e91327da18f8653b9b28e7713ef7f286c6bb37bbf2d3a991ad5ssdeep: 1536:BJkZhPJPUVGRFfnRrXk4JuKKXQbete1UXMBNNiA39ZHf6Cb:rkZQK5tJpKqeteGcBNNiAJtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GKNP also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00516fdf1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00516fdf1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GKNP|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/GandCrab-B|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GKNP virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GKNP files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GKNP you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)