What is Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ infection?
In this article you will certainly locate regarding the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ and its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ ransomware will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that organizes a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the gadget from operating in a correct fashion – while additionally placing a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the targets to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the initial condition. In many circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ circulation channels.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ grows by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity may vary relying on certain regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific regional (local) settings.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about illegal material.
In countries where software application piracy is less preferred, this method is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ popup alert might incorrectly assert to be deriving from a police institution as well as will certainly report having located kid porn or various other prohibited information on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ popup alert might incorrectly assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement organization and also will certainly report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited information on the device. The alert will in a similar way contain a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 2E61F69Dmd5: 1a230a550178766115827ce9b514c3adname: 1A230A550178766115827CE9B514C3AD.mlwsha1: 9e85a1af12783d37ff121276c50ac9be0ce6aabesha256: 4db0954dde52e090dd8bc57d8f03885ae4e912237accc811fd91b7941da10a45sha512: 60b6bcae15aa97202b6c63843bc6777a12cc060b77f56e7812f0dd9b7334c9bf95a4c6eb2b58dae794d8f95c37e688f90f2696748899b7a2583cfe049c2bc4aessdeep: 6144:WAI99RCzR3LeqUrY1ZEgnl45Pe11n1XbkqL:WT99RW3dUM+845Unntype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 003e58dd1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 655333331 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Agent-AUL|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GGHJ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)