What is Win32/Kryptik.GEXL infection?
In this post you will certainly find about the definition of Win32/Kryptik.GEXL and its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.GEXL infection will instruct its sufferers to launch funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the target’s hard disk — so the target can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most normal networks whereby Win32/Kryptik.GEXL Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that organizes a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or prevent the gadget from working in a proper way – while additionally putting a ransom note that states the requirement for the sufferers to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the first problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GEXL circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GEXL grows by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom quantity may vary depending on specific neighborhood (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s tool. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about prohibited web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.GEXL popup alert may falsely assert to be originating from a police establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or other unlawful information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GEXL popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will report having located child porn or other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will similarly have a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 01ED1640md5: 6b1c4f7da9b9be00e2ccdf4fd5df08fbname: 6B1C4F7DA9B9BE00E2CCDF4FD5DF08FB.mlwsha1: 0a2a24aa0d4093a6add624c070cda84e8256f365sha256: 4e7f065ad77445327246774f775ee7aa18514527c3f92fc5a6b0ae1a430a96f5sha512: 2f66cba7a99bf9d038e5ddcd3f8e7b63ab82f98d407833cbbbf0f73dd807b68ce97ff9fa5dc890f04677d32f6dd01b78b7b566710e9e969fd3170f532ffac842ssdeep: 6144:ZkSFA3a1mjmo+FILXgq2ga/FSQX65PPPPPlPPSjP0PPPfPPXPPlPPrPP6PIPP4P2:ZG3a1tVq6tSQXaPPPPPlPPSjP0PPPfPttype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GEXL also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0052908c1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0052908c1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Agent-AUL|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GEXL|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GEXL ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GEXL files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GEXL you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/