What is Win32/Kryptik.GEQU infection?
In this post you will certainly locate regarding the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.GEQU and its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online scams to require paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GEQU ransomware will instruct its sufferers to start funds move for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical networks where Win32/Kryptik.GEQU Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a source that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or prevent the gadget from functioning in a proper way – while additionally placing a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the sufferers to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the papers or bring back the documents system back to the first condition. In many instances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GEQU circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GEQU expands by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on specific regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The sharp after that demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal web content.
In nations where software program piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.GEQU popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GEQU popup alert might falsely claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement organization as well as will report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: DC2319F2md5: 8ca712835d751df9c1e1a4e17d7269f2name: 8CA712835D751DF9C1E1A4E17D7269F2.mlwsha1: 1e8d21162f9f97a383365b8da917c3f64389edf8sha256: 746d94b8b2a5e50f6e7f653c94e0332b20591568a9f56a63cffd3229067638e3sha512: 5be228e1f668d3363fd0d119e785e485a94d2f038ae3a0bd87860428700eea8ed8e2d9e510917131679508e0cc6d0a0c872593fe222628db705d99f8d7f5c3aassdeep: 3072:hWn2Pbhg8PRGe39+1OkrdJlSDMaSeFZCpmCH6O/8ZAT16hU8CLAisWt:0nmpgw+PdJQD2+wmwT8eT4G/ftype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2017, naseshgeraInternalName: sgahffjfghj.exeFileVersion: 22.214.171.124ProductVersion: 126.96.36.199Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.GEQU also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00532e3d1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 655333331 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GEQU|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/GandCrab-C|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=96)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GEQU virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GEQU files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GEQU you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)