What is Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ as well as its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom by a target.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ ransomware will certainly advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Czech;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s hard disk — so the victim can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common networks through which Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that hosts a harmful software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or prevent the device from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while also positioning a ransom note that mentions the need for the sufferers to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the files or recovering the data system back to the initial condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ distribution networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ expands by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom amount might differ relying on certain regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s tool. The alert after that demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about prohibited web content.
In nations where software program piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ popup alert may falsely assert to be stemming from a law enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having located kid porn or various other unlawful information on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ popup alert may incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated youngster pornography or other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will similarly consist of a need for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 3CBA1E46md5: 2c26a98b8db2b23ac2767339d3397ecename: 2C26A98B8DB2B23AC2767339D3397ECE.mlwsha1: 7cb452c9490770bad9e3d506cefe013a64f7e8a3sha256: 7cea27669594f4c7405a55b9dcefb7e97acbd182abd269c586c8b3f30e422359sha512: 8d0e8eef4b1c98e540902b259aa7c458ef00daca357687ef1a99bb73aa8d1215f2f693f8b851a26d5b40618a81293d175e22a58e36cdcc4749f25b4d33eb86c2ssdeep: 24576:K0aXRsjWeko+1cDxjS5AWt7hTbZHVJVkho2sw7R5pm7lPALg:eKkPtt7xN1PcvpIPmgtype: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2017, masasrfureInternalName: sgahagajfgha.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52ProductVersion: 184.108.40.206Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0052696e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0052696e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/GandCrab-B|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=97)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCXJ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)