What is Win32/Kryptik.GCMD infection?
In this short article you will find regarding the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.GCMD and also its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a target.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GCMD ransomware will advise its targets to initiate funds move for the function of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents found on the target’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks where Win32/Kryptik.GCMD are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or avoid the gadget from functioning in a correct fashion – while also placing a ransom note that discusses the demand for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the first problem. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GCMD circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GCMD grows by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ relying on certain neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s device. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about unlawful material.
In countries where software piracy is less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.GCMD popup alert might falsely claim to be deriving from a police organization and also will report having located youngster pornography or other unlawful information on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GCMD popup alert may falsely declare to be deriving from a regulation enforcement organization and will report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 80BA0CBCmd5: 6ec14784e2f77db1ff98dde8979a08e9name: 6EC14784E2F77DB1FF98DDE8979A08E9.mlwsha1: d40a5d9cfda2015bc8e117181f9ebcc9b4139f49sha256: 7c380a411c90637e09517ea674d2c23e4fb554abc0c95cbd77dbf102500d096fsha512: 8deff7cf512c38dd9d5cea855d6ae1805507b90fb61184b740601f27840ee5aac46d3c8be5556525ad825665ffd81c67e83b3739eec4e15513e029a6b22f9a65ssdeep: 1536:IbQobqFrafneR98AebhSJWRx6Q9r3/ENnsb83niAnEt8vq19nXKi7uKxaE1EIQE:UfbqFraM8DRlunsb8Sh84VXKiuu1RYEtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GCMD also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCMD|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/GandCrab-D|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCMD virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCMD files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCMD you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)