What is Win32/Kryptik.GCJH infection?
In this post you will find regarding the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.GCJH and also its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GCJH ransomware will certainly advise its victims to launch funds move for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Spanish (Guatemala);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical networks whereby Win32/Kryptik.GCJH Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a resource that hosts a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the gadget from operating in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom note that states the requirement for the targets to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the initial problem. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GCJH distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GCJH expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount may differ relying on certain neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular regional (regional) settings.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning unlawful content.
In countries where software application piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.GCJH popup alert might falsely declare to be stemming from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having situated youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GCJH popup alert might wrongly assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and will certainly report having situated kid porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way contain a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 4EAB1518md5: b699efeb7b4f024265131615f8eb3aacname: B699EFEB7B4F024265131615F8EB3AAC.mlwsha1: 84e95bbe4c228095ff741bfd277c15da04457f45sha256: 7395b4d8f9d2738d6cec6315b7261d96521ed401287aa252f1221823e3ce3d87sha512: 8bbfb4fcbefd2cae8a37b487834ec7e444a5aaa1441b2d33d80acc6ede23105b3c25e8a2e3836a758a5b081b9b342ce7e00f960c3c83e4ccf3d5aeb5d28d4833ssdeep: 1536:o1kJy/ZqSkghM+Gy/C/E6zr5rbOGnqaQxkjJIIsV+/5IFXE7hKwMgOV/J+:Lo/ZKgm+JiNOeHJII6+BIdE7cxJtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2017, kdabjnrgFileVersion: 18.104.22.168ProductVersion: 22.214.171.124Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.GCJH also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCJH|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCJH virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCJH files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCJH you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)