What is Win32/Kryptik.GCIU infection?
In this post you will certainly locate concerning the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GCIU as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GCIU infection will certainly advise its targets to start funds transfer for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Hebrew;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
|z.whorecord.xyz||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Ransom-FN|
|a.tomx.xyz||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Ransom-FN|
|shell.view||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Ransom-FN|
|godz.bit||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Ransom-FN|
One of the most common channels where Win32/Kryptik.GCIU Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that holds a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the gadget from working in an appropriate fashion – while likewise putting a ransom note that points out the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the papers or bring back the data system back to the initial problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GCIU distribution networks.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GCIU grows by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending upon certain regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain regional (local) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning illegal material.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GCIU popup alert may wrongly claim to be originating from a law enforcement establishment as well as will report having located youngster porn or other prohibited data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GCIU popup alert might wrongly assert to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 433EC41Dmd5: 84e57aaeeee8c9318165582e4ab172fdname: 84E57AAEEEE8C9318165582E4AB172FD.mlwsha1: a973a83539456a2b6a4ee4d22dab5cd3150f14basha256: 9e9a33ea6fe310571605fc60f7ba642566e56cee952301e2b73517f6fa377da0sha512: 1cdfd1b6f7f3a113404393e4c58fb775b8d26843097ed3c1f2878b652c1a657d6df871df578320e71713b569f153cdeabab7f0c4ad11b32582096ccc922261bfssdeep: 1536:zLcg8ORaziaEN8yrxXyGL5F3BHGz8nW0+kRMMqW8vagpp3LcXE5hwFL:z/8WaVEN8216zSInW8fp20mFLtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2017, kdfbjnrgFileVersion: 188.8.131.52ProductVersion: 184.108.40.206Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.GCIU also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCIU|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Ransom-FN|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCIU ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCIU files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCIU you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)