What is Win32/Kryptik.GCGD infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate regarding the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GCGD and its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GCGD virus will certainly advise its targets to initiate funds move for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Czech;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels through which Win32/Kryptik.GCGD Ransomware are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that hosts a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the device from functioning in an appropriate way – while also putting a ransom note that states the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In many instances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GCGD circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GCGD expands by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending upon specific neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on certain local (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited content.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.GCGD popup alert might wrongly claim to be originating from a police institution and will report having situated child pornography or various other unlawful data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GCGD popup alert might falsely declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and will report having located child porn or various other unlawful data on the device. The alert will similarly have a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 80F715E4md5: 5cc19da9ca60085f0a36563daf2328b7name: 5CC19DA9CA60085F0A36563DAF2328B7.mlwsha1: 3dd24a70bab8caa657170ff81f119934a1b02993sha256: 6a4e89bb29959a04937d301e9cec83d246f87d3a7029f6f88e19903381ad7b64sha512: 35bc50ae38e69fb4127503d60a43adc93cf0f6e2f8f3f3252f90ac0da00766a08e13aa322d9639dcabf8a0306b8f68e47a7aebc3ea4159ce66d1d0888233d863ssdeep: 3072:RO1pULiEXXNqIHwAi549u6mfhhBLcoQ4FmpN+e4XpuzcI6vOV6OYidGL32x2zYm:s4L7cIHwAnaTtOke4XMV7VBYCU24YmItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GCGD also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005257f41 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005257f41 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCGD|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Ransom-FN|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=80)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCGD virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCGD files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCGD you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)