What is Win32/Kryptik.FFGT infection?
In this post you will discover about the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.FFGT as well as its adverse impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.FFGT infection will certainly advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Enumerates user accounts on the system;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Creates an excessive number of UDP connection attempts to external IP addresses;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cerber ransomware;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents situated on the target’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
The most normal channels where Win32/Kryptik.FFGT are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s PC or protect against the gadget from functioning in a correct fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that states the demand for the victims to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the records or restoring the file system back to the first problem. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.FFGT distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.FFGT grows by leaps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary relying on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom amount might differ depending on certain local (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s tool. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal material.
In countries where software piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.FFGT popup alert might wrongly claim to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.FFGT popup alert might falsely declare to be deriving from a regulation enforcement organization and will certainly report having located child porn or various other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will likewise include a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 678577A2md5: b2176cf64824edd4bb9b0f7ff809e6c7name: B2176CF64824EDD4BB9B0F7FF809E6C7.mlwsha1: 2861384e5ed1ad42125ed7de67ece609ef065b7csha256: 6f9db4a718b5f0dcb1be43c9373ad0c9703b51813f223b10630e3b755256bb91sha512: c63fd8256e40c79135298aa55c2613aa9b8211fb3db18f44bf8b157ab6860a2b5a49450f4349bfd8893f6c6b87ce8db826b141a39eba1f36fda4088952be9f29ssdeep: 6144:H5M0rwoPSBuSVVcNTtxSjbqLfpQNF+/uv926NCr:H5rqPVuNJxDfpQKWM6NCrtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:ProductName: Win RAR Translation: 0x0409 0x04e4
Win32/Kryptik.FFGT also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Cerber-B|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FFGT|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.FFGT virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.FFGT files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.FFGT you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)