What is Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ infection?
In this article you will discover concerning the definition of Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ and also its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ infection will instruct its sufferers to launch funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Bulgarian;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Alphacrypt/Teslacrypt ransomware;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers located on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the victim can no more use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that hosts a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the tool from working in a proper fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the victims to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or restoring the file system back to the preliminary condition. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ distribution channels.
In various edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ grows by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom quantity might differ relying on certain neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful content.
In countries where software piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a police establishment as well as will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: D6F4ADB5md5: 5d81e04abea581cd314aceabafaaff18name: 5D81E04ABEA581CD314ACEABAFAAFF18.mlwsha1: e71254283e5fe4701eea95c0bab62cc794f38cdcsha256: d37f1e805b3f9873ce76f18ea930c6fa0a7b8a9d6bc319404471e70e396f791asha512: 6c50e72f37ccbb5f7ce7130b2607fa668bff238ced5f3d646c4f6c6dfdcd873706e96d5e3bf8a16cc32b52322ec71c06056df44dc65b33ec60602faa048343a0ssdeep: 6144:K9iqsrJ0LOMc6iAOhgrwOaSq1YXyDTQHZgpNMUpmC+OkykD+Wyasv:Kgqslsc5fUcGnHSpN7ICCyi1Itype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 '1C' 1996-2013InternalName: EnterpriseFileVersion: 18.104.22.1685CompanyName: 1CComments: 1C:Enterprise 8 appProductName: 1C:Enterprise 8.3ProductVersion: 22.214.171.1245FileDescription: EnterpriseOriginalFilename: Enterprise.exeTranslation: 0x0419 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0056ec671 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0056ec671 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Wonton-BZ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.EQIQ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)