What is Win32/Kryptik.EPPF infection?
In this post you will certainly find regarding the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.EPPF and its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.EPPF infection will advise its sufferers to start funds move for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Macau);
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Alphacrypt/Teslacrypt ransomware;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records located on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks through which Win32/Kryptik.EPPF Ransomware are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a resource that organizes a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the device from working in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom note that states the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.EPPF distribution networks.
In different corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.EPPF expands by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending on particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on particular local (local) setups.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about unlawful content.
In nations where software piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.EPPF popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and will report having located kid pornography or other unlawful information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.EPPF popup alert may falsely claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will likewise have a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 38C3AAEBmd5: 019aae6df470cddcd82534e57037341bname: 019AAE6DF470CDDCD82534E57037341B.mlwsha1: 3dff4a6faad3325c7600834d1a7c2c362887865bsha256: 8dee4f6bc8513c5e9b387ea11183bb2964c2e73f7dc7a430060aaa0d4ae9b99esha512: 09d5c811227228a059c5ef989486b0c30ff8f51f786db1330f8e950cdcd1e608f276ea17d055ef3ceaf44d22f3f28d025e6a0312306b83dc8211232af8378d5assdeep: 6144:aCHhOk2vb0Lv1Azgm4mxTg4OT/zNBv8wxvYfLQplE6R471K:aCBONvb075m4aM4OT77VlYDQplE6iptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2014InternalName: LoverFileVersion: 0.11.103.214CompanyName: Creative AssemblySpecialBuild: 0.9.121.37LegalTrademarks: PeepsComments: LiveliestProductName: Hangmen InterpolatableProductVersion: 0.34.165.198FileDescription: Mobilised Monomer HuntergatherersOriginalFilename: Handholdsl.EXE
Win32/Kryptik.EPPF also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.EPPF|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Ransom-EK|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.EPPF ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.EPPF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.EPPF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)