What is Win32/Kryptik.EJTN infection?
In this short article you will find regarding the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.EJTN and also its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.EJTN infection will instruct its targets to start funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Compression (or decompression);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Arabic (Qatar);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Looks up the external IP address;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Connects to Tor Hidden Services through a Tor gateway;
- Creates a known TeslaCrypt/AlphaCrypt ransomware decryption instruction / key file.;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most regular networks where Win32/Kryptik.EJTN are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that hosts a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the device from working in a proper manner – while likewise putting a ransom note that mentions the demand for the targets to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the papers or bring back the file system back to the preliminary problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.EJTN distribution channels.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.EJTN grows by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom quantity may differ depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on specific regional (local) settings.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning illegal material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.EJTN popup alert might wrongly declare to be originating from a police institution and will report having situated kid pornography or various other prohibited information on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.EJTN popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization and will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 35062E38md5: 1265432c16ea20e672afecb20ddaed3dname: 1265432C16EA20E672AFECB20DDAED3D.mlwsha1: 885c903fbaf64068c2c3a46b0428e50f05accbc7sha256: f4568fb566f28c9205bb7feddc44e02515b8beac33de12ea8b85056ea7ea8978sha512: 09956ee9fbd0b33aadd4965f334ca81c652cd6426a4384542d8b1a23e3761997ff5ffa2d631f5bf112445efc3172b868b7363592bb18d3e62161044c405d05dessdeep: 6144:JhYi5hsl3VNaieNtwCLmfwcDYdJyDMOSR:JhDk2ioSEcEHbtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Marketability 1991-2000InternalName: Redisplay.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52CompanyName: Johnny LeeProductName: RebuttalsProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: LopOriginalFilename: Redisplay.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04e8
Win32/Kryptik.EJTN also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.EJTN|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Tinba-N|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.EJTN ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.EJTN files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.EJTN you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)