What is Win32/Kelihos.C infection?
In this short article you will certainly find about the definition of Win32/Kelihos.C and also its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, Win32/Kelihos.C virus will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s gadget.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (14 unique times);
- Starts servers listening on 127.0.0.1:0;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Kelihos malware;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Installs WinPCAP;
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
One of the most normal channels whereby Win32/Kelihos.C are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a source that organizes a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the device from working in a correct fashion – while likewise placing a ransom money note that discusses the need for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the records or restoring the data system back to the initial problem. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Kelihos.C circulation networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Kelihos.C grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary relying on particular neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on particular local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited content.
In countries where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/Kelihos.C popup alert might falsely assert to be stemming from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having located child porn or various other illegal data on the device.
Win32/Kelihos.C popup alert may wrongly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located kid porn or other illegal information on the tool. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 48506F64md5: 16e855e5642ee6b21ccdfef286a5e505name: 16E855E5642EE6B21CCDFEF286A5E505.mlwsha1: 5b12cca3602c2119c08b37e10f987d4ae56f959esha256: eae15b3182b402e687336f242ab658f73590c3c882843a84eaea409cd387c0fcsha512: 1eb9310e879b20494737d8fcd841fee3596ea70c5d570849598ee5ccf256f3cf1464e04318440b3ace871b69a26004e626f7ba713d464d7269333d53ab63f0a7ssdeep: 24576:yuYcvy4Y9kDHYmm1rzMWVex5sCmQbN4hBAr/oeOPAQ5Q9Ts:yMhmN3MOyb2mDobPBQtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2010InternalName: UIScannerFileVersion: 13,0,21,1CompanyName: BitDefender S.R.L.ProductName: BitDefender 2010ProductVersion: 13,0,18,344FileDescription: BitDefender Antivirus ScannerOriginalFilename: uiscan.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Kelihos.C also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0026c9311 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0026c9311 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kelihos.C|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/FakeAV-MR|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kelihos.C ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kelihos.C files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kelihos.C you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)