What is Win32/Injector.WYM infection?
In this post you will find regarding the definition of Win32/Injector.WYM and also its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the situations, Win32/Injector.WYM ransomware will instruct its victims to start funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Likely installs a bootkit via raw harddisk modifications;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more use the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels through which Win32/Injector.WYM are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual ending up on a source that hosts a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the tool from functioning in an appropriate manner – while additionally placing a ransom note that mentions the demand for the targets to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the file system back to the initial condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Injector.WYM circulation channels.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Injector.WYM expands by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary relying on particular regional (local) settings. The ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited material.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Injector.WYM popup alert may wrongly declare to be originating from a police organization as well as will report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited data on the device.
Win32/Injector.WYM popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and will report having located youngster pornography or other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way include a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: A38CA2F9md5: 5f1f58ddb10981ebac6768c1fa96d10bname: 5F1F58DDB10981EBAC6768C1FA96D10B.mlwsha1: 74ce01b2433e0e1ca56be9028814c4554133e4absha256: 3027176f531789fdf4d4feb51fd13ac4b3b0f8a27d41c1dc7d019954bf133baesha512: b3a46995e9120b0b023c90aee4c884f8e3a15fa3170e81e87b64c50d30f5fb335c573cc6ad64cf1fc17723808d224db4e514166c34f7c94e047d05860580d622ssdeep: 768:nsdieaQXMT5tihmUwlonK8zEDEXn+nmGvx/n1WwwwwCYfhhp2ilKbNKT:nsdhK+mUwloreJ/n0fh32iEhKTtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Injector.WYM also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 0003868d1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 0003868d1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.WYM|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/EncPk-AGX|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Injector.WYM ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Injector.WYM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Injector.WYM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)