What is Win32/Injector.WON infection?
In this article you will certainly find regarding the meaning of Win32/Injector.WON and also its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, Win32/Injector.WON infection will certainly instruct its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Likely installs a bootkit via raw harddisk modifications;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the target’s hard disk drive — so the target can no more use the information;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks whereby Win32/Injector.WON Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of user winding up on a source that holds a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or prevent the tool from operating in a proper way – while also putting a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the targets to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the initial problem. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Injector.WON circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the globe, Win32/Injector.WON grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on specific regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on certain regional (local) setups.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Injector.WON popup alert may wrongly assert to be stemming from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having located child pornography or other illegal data on the device.
Win32/Injector.WON popup alert may wrongly claim to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful data on the device. The alert will similarly have a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: ABD8AE82md5: 8982730e0befdfa7b0ccfe34ecd2a508name: 8982730E0BEFDFA7B0CCFE34ECD2A508.mlwsha1: f6009a4b1047f5aabf439f1370b35f5a68478ae0sha256: 65f51de6fce7b6612eebe5d6a2ef3800c536b141b58635f57d27ce661ce53fc3sha512: 3d92db948132f327f1d02133ea4519a81ce521cd142faa0d4d34975f03dce2b6a56e6f56184401326f2ed260fad11420f9fdc9ee1a80bcf55332395c8ca9f137ssdeep: 768:tUTRJ72VOjweqApDmNFpV1uqQ44yRmDrVLc87U66eIP0mCST8R9P:WaOFqAYNFHq4ac8z6Um2type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Injector.WON also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.WON|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
How to remove Win32/Injector.WON virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Injector.WON files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Injector.WON you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)