What is Win32/Injector.CNIA infection?
In this short article you will certainly find about the interpretation of Win32/Injector.CNIA and also its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Injector.CNIA virus will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Portuguese (Brazilian);
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Alphacrypt/Teslacrypt ransomware;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a known TeslaCrypt/AlphaCrypt ransomware decryption instruction / key file.;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files found on the target’s hard drive — so the target can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common networks whereby Win32/Injector.CNIA Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a resource that organizes a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the gadget from operating in a correct fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the papers or recovering the documents system back to the initial condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Injector.CNIA circulation channels.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Injector.CNIA expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on certain regional (local) settings.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about illegal content.
In nations where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Injector.CNIA popup alert might falsely claim to be deriving from a police organization and will certainly report having located kid pornography or other unlawful information on the tool.
Win32/Injector.CNIA popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment as well as will report having located youngster porn or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 7E7EFA2Bmd5: c0fa34e4865f79faf4df03b13503c1a2name: C0FA34E4865F79FAF4DF03B13503C1A2.mlwsha1: 323303a7c5338e4cf71db866fb207808a4ade3fasha256: 91165908070778445ad78783b6d58efefff118868b11499a1384e6a6de196bd0sha512: 4d1c135b3452daef4d1b0b5741b84dec378c6ad1e2658dcce2b51b0e45052ddf419257bf8951e7b9a18fca847c7ada211bbdc49b5da05eec1b993806ee019088ssdeep: 6144:U61HD76VDPWVlKQGp/IOVCCRB+AzQvYOsu+hLYcYhH/w0nC7w3JZe1n2drf:NHqpOVlbWF32vwu+PsHQM3XewZtype: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Ultrasonic (C) 2013InternalName: TweenessFileDescription: CannonedOriginalFilename: Behindhand.exeCompanyName: SCS Software
Win32/Injector.CNIA also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0050ceba1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0050ceba1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.CNIA|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Ransom-DP|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
How to remove Win32/Injector.CNIA ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Injector.CNIA files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Injector.CNIA you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)