What is Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover concerning the interpretation of Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF and its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF ransomware will certainly advise its targets to start funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A named pipe was used for inter-process communication;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Georgian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records situated on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks whereby Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of customer ending up on a source that organizes a malicious software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or protect against the device from working in a correct fashion – while likewise placing a ransom money note that states the need for the targets to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the papers or bring back the data system back to the initial condition. In most instances, the ransom note will come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF circulation networks.
In various edges of the globe, Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF expands by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom money amount might differ relying on certain regional (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning illegal web content.
In countries where software application piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF popup alert may wrongly declare to be originating from a police organization and also will certainly report having situated kid porn or various other illegal information on the tool.
Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will similarly include a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 3645167Emd5: 2887c0f490d38170e31cfd01eb4d0dc9name: 2887C0F490D38170E31CFD01EB4D0DC9.mlwsha1: 247fca99c72758a2779412a58270ad54dad7afe3sha256: 43c3d524f132423d0dde8c50ab358fac413c68221b1bb733bbfe1f4ef6a4e759sha512: 8b5cc99308ef749c1700b7a9ae0b0e5eeee4bd4a733d179979ffa1e775bb2b6c44528fd274ec34a043f6f26ca8343b8c38e2ac2444e4edd6ea2edc168836ad63ssdeep: 24576:6Qs64UrCX8NHjGXkmE8UtGAOdxf15vuldzCyqBeXsL:uMCX8NHdXTOdxd8TKeXtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:FileVersus: 184.108.40.206ProductVersus: 220.127.116.11Translations: 0x0185 0x01c4
Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/GenKryptik.FFSF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)