What is Win32/Filecoder.NFJ infection?
In this article you will find about the meaning of Win32/Filecoder.NFJ and also its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Filecoder.NFJ infection will advise its victims to start funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Compression (or decompression);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels through which Win32/Filecoder.NFJ Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that organizes a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or prevent the device from operating in a correct manner – while also placing a ransom money note that mentions the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the documents system back to the initial problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Filecoder.NFJ circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/Filecoder.NFJ expands by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary relying on particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on particular regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s gadget. The sharp then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful content.
In nations where software piracy is much less popular, this method is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/Filecoder.NFJ popup alert might incorrectly claim to be originating from a police institution and will report having situated kid porn or various other illegal data on the device.
Win32/Filecoder.NFJ popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: D4184836md5: 654e487c0d53049e63da1b5a094b94edname: 654E487C0D53049E63DA1B5A094B94ED.mlwsha1: 14b8e371f5f8261edafa77fb94e391c58da9fdafsha256: 1aba4416d433618ac1d3378e960593220c96b8e84d56bd5f639885db50f4ed67sha512: 5c6ce7a7f7ea8e46395255665a54781c5955e6615ddbe82e9318c31fdcc5d3491e6fb9191a3c72e0c9341b1e62c9027d1be62141022295a4c3b2259f54c0c232ssdeep: 3072:wZ+1iI3XWmrC7fAxTr+G+27HmIfqFirETgqDXwNzIrfe6KiUALT6z9wqMgo1k:wSn6IgGvHm31Dgem6KiUAH6z9wqOktype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Filecoder.NFJ also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e3ef1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e3ef1 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Filecoder.NFJ virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Filecoder.NFJ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Filecoder.NFJ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)