What is Win32/Agent.AAHT infection?
In this post you will find about the definition of Win32/Agent.AAHT as well as its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Agent.AAHT infection will advise its victims to launch funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Maori;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most typical channels through which Win32/Agent.AAHT Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a resource that holds a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or stop the gadget from functioning in a proper fashion – while additionally positioning a ransom note that points out the requirement for the victims to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the documents or recovering the data system back to the first condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/Agent.AAHT circulation channels.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Agent.AAHT grows by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/Agent.AAHT popup alert may falsely assert to be originating from a police institution and will report having located kid porn or various other illegal information on the gadget.
Win32/Agent.AAHT popup alert might falsely assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having situated kid pornography or other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will similarly contain a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 662D45F6md5: 76b2e46a06e6a9012928312dae2ae3c0name: readme.exesha1: de57d0919972cda01eb174b36b972a84a380a95fsha256: d6fcdef4c8e3e818032996be01aef426113d629926ee1e04288386d0d4da35d7sha512: ab8ef30eb47b2d7351e5b121835193290d5b57f1ea75df742bae265827d47ce0b2dbac83c0c0668bf981dd243455e37e179d15efb32b7ec67b1510e9b4376fa5ssdeep: 49152:vkIriyyL01iTmBTmXSO7Y+51oGbcXqyNz4yppdz4M4a:vkIWyyL0c6BnO7F5yXqypNlQtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Agent.AAHT also known as:
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0056429e1 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
How to remove Win32/Agent.AAHT ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Agent.AAHT files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Agent.AAHT you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)