What is Virus.VirLock infection?
In this article you will certainly discover regarding the meaning of Virus.VirLock as well as its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Virus.VirLock infection will certainly advise its sufferers to launch funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent file extensions from being displayed;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records found on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks through which Virus.VirLock Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer ending up on a resource that organizes a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the data on the target’s computer or stop the gadget from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while also putting a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the targets to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the records or restoring the documents system back to the first problem. In most circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Virus.VirLock circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Virus.VirLock expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom amount may differ depending upon particular neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on specific neighborhood (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s tool. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited content.
In countries where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Virus.VirLock popup alert might falsely declare to be originating from a police establishment and will certainly report having situated child porn or other unlawful information on the tool.
Virus.VirLock popup alert might falsely declare to be deriving from a legislation enforcement organization and also will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will likewise include a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: B97383A7md5: 24498bc9bd89a18b875adafb9d4cec74name: 24498BC9BD89A18B875ADAFB9D4CEC74.mlwsha1: b6da1ba028f54671e33e851c7f16c3f35a1a3204sha256: e5bb0e24c9c683249052c2fec5e267d2d50e4b856a4bda34c866462e1baa273csha512: 63d0cf69fa593307641202040b73ba5fbd9b3fc07a66e7cb527ed68609a219ca72a7d2d50666d3b934abf689b0a8f3c1866ecb0fd47c0df3fdeae464ab87e394ssdeep: 98304:sV8XXI2vkYK+mo5ravoQv1lehA186cgmysjQ1i2UXLtr:sV8XXxCfo5e9lem17D88irXhrtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Virus.VirLock also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Virus ( 005662d71 )|
|K7GW||Virus ( 005662d71 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Virlock.D|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
How to remove Virus.VirLock virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Virus.VirLock files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Virus.VirLock you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/