What is Virus.Agent infection?
In this article you will certainly locate about the definition of Virus.Agent and its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the instances, Virus.Agent ransomware will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cryptowall ransomware;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the target can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common networks through which Virus.Agent Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a source that hosts a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or stop the tool from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the targets to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the documents or recovering the documents system back to the first condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Virus.Agent distribution channels.
In various edges of the world, Virus.Agent grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom amount might differ depending upon certain regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on certain local (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Virus.Agent popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located youngster porn or other unlawful data on the device.
Virus.Agent popup alert may wrongly declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization and also will report having located kid pornography or other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 28FB2ACDmd5: 9e44560bb8938c3560420fe74b77e9a1name: 9E44560BB8938C3560420FE74B77E9A1.mlwsha1: c044c973d1c5e324aaf735ed41a6a82f0e9d712asha256: dca516d795a783842b633f310d0fa090fdf79e584b8cdef45a48d6fea0537ea7sha512: a6ceca1b3c6a1bf5004c4f1d5df77c9604c39689d190d13e2c3169fe4884b9a91a6ad030139615e92f3bcb435fd90508177d0ccf1207c185210601fa888a1793ssdeep: 6144:4PgkVYJtnsQyCzzNYDXIBlm8b+oEdhA8jhIqa:yp8CYBl3b9Ed68Natype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (c) 1999-2013 Cortado AGInternalName: TPAutoConnectFileVersion: 8,8,476,2CompanyName: Cortado AGProductName: TPAutoConnectProductVersion: 8,8,476,2FileDescription: ThinPrint AutoConnect printer creation serviceOriginalFilename: TPAutoConnSvc.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Virus.Agent also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004d65cd1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004d65cd1 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Tinba-T|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Virus.Agent ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Virus.Agent files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Virus.Agent you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)