What is VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A infection?
In this post you will certainly discover regarding the definition of VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A and its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A virus will instruct its victims to launch funds transfer for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s gadget.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Simplified);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Pony malware;
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels through which VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that hosts a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the gadget from functioning in an appropriate way – while also positioning a ransom money note that states the requirement for the victims to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the papers or recovering the data system back to the preliminary condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has already been harmed.
VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A distribution networks.
In different corners of the globe, VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A popup alert may wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having located kid porn or other prohibited information on the tool.
VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A popup alert may wrongly declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated kid porn or other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will likewise contain a need for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 418191F1md5: deae946554c45e057b69e154c3cf1257name: DEAE946554C45E057B69E154C3CF1257.mlwsha1: 86e5503ebff62c18429fa7b0d60e7aab726a2bc9sha256: a4ce4ad33ae7a4edd15238549afc57a81c49f161e9160a608b4fb4757adf5761sha512: d886fac22319f9858198c8ba937f71cb128506430ec6a56abf0db20d41ab8b8c0156206a965bb1e4fe2b0897fa6c5b5760b3be0b6b906cc20ab5b9e6c34dcc91ssdeep: 6144:3kBtdmmpZnxJRhYLT9crY8LAdu4Nu0dSkXYGfuuLzbC30YJT6GPqSnUQS:0LdmuxJRWLCrY8A9PGuLzbCkixySnNStype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2011InternalName: ISCT and IFFS DriverFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1002ProductName: ISCT DriverProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1002FileDescription: ISCT and IFFS DriverOriginalFilename: ISCTD.sysTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0040f99b1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0040f99b1 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Troj/HkMain-BS|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.BPNZ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VirTool:Win32/Vigorf.A you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)