What is VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM infection?
In this post you will discover concerning the meaning of VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM and its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM ransomware will certainly advise its targets to launch funds move for the function of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Ciphering the files found on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common networks through which VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM Ransomware are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a resource that organizes a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or protect against the gadget from operating in a proper way – while additionally placing a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the victims to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or recovering the data system back to the initial condition. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM distribution channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending upon particular local (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on particular local (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s gadget. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited material.
In nations where software program piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM popup alert might wrongly claim to be originating from a police establishment as well as will report having situated child porn or other unlawful data on the gadget.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM popup alert may wrongly declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated youngster porn or other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: EEDF5C5Bmd5: af4eee51984d9dcd714b65c8defc9b66name: AF4EEE51984D9DCD714B65C8DEFC9B66.mlwsha1: 44587d2e493a165ca7ca9af7f353107d008426b8sha256: a34444775f94f6e915a6c1e600f8ef02668bf89a4cddffc899c8069c0f62c613sha512: cdf951ac8cadf2afe5007b9066cb5742a1f27082a5a9801228323683610e9020cf1b022c26187df0a85e9c98cb0006688b44173aade753c0ba27ff0a2c28b689ssdeep: 6144:mHgpoHsQZh45j7zZYWMqPR3PiTkktA3yb4F:mApoMPj7zTMqPR3PiTkCbtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2016InternalName: zefzef.exeFileVersion: 22.214.171.124CompanyName: TODO: ProductName: TODO: ProductVersion: 126.96.36.199FileDescription: TODO: OriginalFilename: zefzef.exeTranslation: 0x040c 0x04b0
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.HCNVGAU|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Shiotob-BJ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.CAM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)