What is VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV infection?
In this post you will discover about the meaning of VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV and its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the instances, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV virus will certainly advise its victims to launch funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks through which VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the device from operating in a proper way – while also positioning a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the victims to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV circulation channels.
In different corners of the globe, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV expands by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending on particular regional (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal content.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this technique is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement organization and will report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited information on the gadget.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will likewise have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 9D9FD929md5: e63b8f84c8073980a7c14abec9880c72name: E63B8F84C8073980A7C14ABEC9880C72.mlwsha1: ef29117427e148ad9978d8e39f41d3d57e48a913sha256: de876b492f109ae9b15e70766e6be7c29865eb0a845d6413aa65f5ca8a0f21c5sha512: 9cbf83637ddc8ad37d45f61dcf80a1cef5cca2dccdda6288519863185d76e5ab863541f07f9f93311981d597ea83b474d02607bd3b83b982cbc700b28f433135ssdeep: 3072:+S/G6ixzPXPQLgggggggggggghdeBPw9IrdcV4LNFYohi:+S+6SXPigrrq2FBitype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: MSHTMLED.DLLFileVersion: 7.00.6001.18000 (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationProductName: Windowsxae Internet ExplorerOleSelfRegister: ProductVersion: 7.00.6001.18000FileDescription: Microsoftxae HTML Editing ComponentOriginalFilename: MSHTMLED.DLLTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Vawtrak-H|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.BOXO|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACV you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)