What is VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY infection?
In this short article you will find about the meaning of VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY as well as its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the situations, VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY virus will certainly advise its sufferers to start funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution;
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial binary language: Arabic (Algeria);
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Rhaeto (Romance);
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Crashed cuckoomon during analysis. Report this error to the Github repo.;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the system manufacturer, likely for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the target’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most typical networks whereby VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that organizes a destructive software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or protect against the device from functioning in a correct fashion – while additionally placing a ransom money note that discusses the need for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has already been harmed.
VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY circulation channels.
In various corners of the globe, VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary relying on specific local (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on specific local (regional) settings.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited material.
In countries where software program piracy is much less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY popup alert might falsely claim to be deriving from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having situated kid porn or other illegal information on the gadget.
VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY popup alert may incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having located child pornography or other unlawful information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 536BC42Fmd5: 337227d6354d8cb1f946b7bb8994f54ename: 337227D6354D8CB1F946B7BB8994F54E.mlwsha1: 8fe2311c5822137602d7438b30b04456e637843csha256: aeddac9671f79438f421795534af8cec252fd60cff30ec8f7108b9700bbc7dc4sha512: 61aebbc5c885350dd4d729c1ac5fc1728ee94718236cc0f44cdd90c45ef3d79c59739db6a67ec3742a364923614bef40059d4f0640b763fc3956d8e93c6fc63fssdeep: 3072:byYrOLBEhTOtUnmHfBy37+IkhSfzTyad2EW32HPvdNq5HqIyPu/kN5SRZ:bwBqXnX7+InfXH2hMdNqlqIwRXOtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) Blind 2007-2013Legal Trademarks: BlindInternal Name: Curve.exeCompanyName: Prize driven Jones - www.Blind.comProductName: BlindOriginal Filename: Curve.exeProductVersion: 6.0FileDescription: Respect noddedFileVersion: 188.8.131.52Translation: 0x0401 0x04b0
VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004cef571 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004cef571 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Wonton-Z|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.BPFF|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VirTool:Win32/Injector.EY you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)