What is VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J infection?
In this post you will certainly discover regarding the meaning of VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J and also its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online scams to demand paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the cases, VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J infection will certainly instruct its targets to launch funds move for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s gadget.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation;
One of the most regular channels whereby VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or prevent the tool from working in a correct fashion – while likewise putting a ransom note that mentions the demand for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or recovering the file system back to the initial problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J circulation networks.
In different corners of the world, VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending upon certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a police organization and will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other illegal information on the tool.
VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement organization and will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will similarly have a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 3FB8A447md5: bafc7f4557b291b1315430e45dd62898name: BAFC7F4557B291B1315430E45DD62898.mlwsha1: 735d0cfbcf277bccd1707bcf8cb690486dae6d76sha256: dc6d0648de402eee28f1b005a8488425c7075ce3191fbcab19376aca4751d043sha512: 41bf5228d309bcf4f2654b4e2126f0479c8412c962161e8a4f4f2c889c1084fde1043eee47eece9c6d1c7baee232f098d979694f3bac906b120a064f4b7bc16dssdeep: 24576:qKHUfUDtdfFQ0QPEhLJSEwStKfm+tsPx:qKHaUujPKdySmUtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004f7bc61 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004f7bc61 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Troj/Inject-CAN|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VirTool:Win32/AutObfus.J you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)