What is VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent infection?
In this article you will locate about the meaning of VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent and also its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent infection will instruct its victims to initiate funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s tool.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Arabic (Tunisia);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers located on the victim’s disk drive — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most regular channels whereby VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a source that organizes a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or stop the tool from operating in a correct fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the victims to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the files or recovering the data system back to the first problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will come up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount may differ relying on specific neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom amount may differ depending on particular regional (local) settings.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s tool. The sharp then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited content.
In countries where software piracy is much less popular, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent popup alert might incorrectly claim to be stemming from a police organization and also will certainly report having situated child pornography or other unlawful information on the tool.
VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent popup alert may falsely declare to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement organization and will report having situated youngster pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 50F2578Cmd5: a47b89d7802b7d8526f6cc743cbef993name: A47B89D7802B7D8526F6CC743CBEF993.mlwsha1: 0f7e020d2e14d802b11649958010c4d2b202973bsha256: 5ad7a8bf388c3cfda0194dfb70a448b7a6e8389e6ca9804bed72db8668b5b63dsha512: 16aca1c5c174fe50155016a87f895dfc372eaae871b9459af5189cbbbf3b105cc76ea6c268b27596e1955541196f40699c619023f736ba13bf041e5183b1aa0bssdeep: 24576:2pxE3WgRlyZzT3sjvSGRmX2NMfrqL4D+6pP:2cRlE33evS2NMe4D1Ptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:FileVersus: 188.8.131.52ProductVersus: 184.108.40.206Translations: 0x0285 0x02a7
VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.FFXO|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VHO:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Convagent you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)