What is Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B infection?
In this post you will find concerning the definition of Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B and its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B ransomware will instruct its targets to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the papers found on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels whereby Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the device from operating in an appropriate way – while also positioning a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the first problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B circulation networks.
In different corners of the globe, Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B grows by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The alert then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited material.
In countries where software program piracy is much less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B popup alert might falsely assert to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment and will report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool.
Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located child porn or other illegal data on the device. The alert will likewise include a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 8F71355Fmd5: b7e634501dd3f5cffb57058f6bd6e925name: B7E634501DD3F5CFFB57058F6BD6E925.mlwsha1: 61cdff1d17f3f7489c0c1c6ead9420a2ca763b76sha256: 81c5311e3d8c0222b30d3cd9815a379e4a1f10d63db6184017ebde29927c7dd8sha512: 9ce915971860f52306ece338fd0182ec95b00c41deccf02f61e68d5577b023bd485138631dfc129cd873520e06c6961eaf72f8f35c6a8c08649c37cd42bbe6c3ssdeep: 3072:3nLPbatFLKSpCcCqHfy0l7X9LVhXndFmxji2cJMPh6p6CCVd+2/+Ir0Uf58:7adMm97NDXn2xxKMp6p6Z+XM0G58type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0050d3751 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0050d3751 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Elenoocka-E|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HHAH|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Viknok.B you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)