What is Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover regarding the interpretation of Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B as well as its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B ransomware will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels where Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that hosts a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the device from functioning in a proper way – while also placing a ransom note that states the requirement for the victims to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the papers or recovering the file system back to the preliminary problem. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B circulation channels.
In different edges of the world, Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending upon certain neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about illegal content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having located child pornography or various other prohibited data on the device.
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B popup alert might incorrectly claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located child porn or various other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will similarly include a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 0FDB70BCmd5: 175c31a64af7770d8b0c820aee854da2name: 175C31A64AF7770D8B0C820AEE854DA2.mlwsha1: 5eef8898afaf14554ea002b477712a723d8b9e9csha256: 4be518446f5fd6aeacadeb63702f368e80d6a6cccd1cb209a308c25fea810b78sha512: 4e146b6c8f8e959cef70df5b13d4ef39a515ebb4d04d60639310eeb1f4366e985a46e51e97b24547879f701a3e7e20e5f8fd57dd692c6b7f03cfdbcb76614f1dssdeep: 1536:ffJE/BhOSv+5CTqyczYR8ycTOtu3yUywCbO/u2RLASGMz:ZE/nvvveycjyckyGOztype: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004f6c331 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004f6c331 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Filecoder.SimpleEncoder.A|
|MAX||malware (ai score=96)|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C4B you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)