What is Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover concerning the meaning of Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B and its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B infection will certainly advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s hard drive — so the target can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels through which Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a resource that hosts a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the tool from working in a proper fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that mentions the need for the victims to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B circulation channels.
In different edges of the world, Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B grows by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending upon particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software piracy is less prominent, this method is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B popup alert may falsely claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having situated kid pornography or other illegal information on the device.
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B popup alert may incorrectly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement establishment and will report having located kid porn or other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will likewise include a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: ADD40D13md5: 0eef75deaea6806d3dde5b83c3b625f6name: 2c.jpgsha1: dcaedcc047db68c979263293a0a767e52bc88d15sha256: 7ce52df2e1186532c119b3ad42fad1012bb78e6393bff209086dec386bbd49afsha512: 2e5a2bbc751c3349a393484215f5792d284727e8338414e55c4a13fa7f52dc93b0eb4c75efce79cbd138bcf44d4c2a279a68c7bf51bf9afc0b5d0b5f5a03ec6bssdeep: 24576:hGf04SoHT5/a30mSfflaDtBQMcFXxqL1wDYXT8Qh0L4HREppTmSm9TbL2:h5m/wafflkPQtRQ/T8A0sxITmFbKtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055c8161 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055c8161 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.DYXB|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the install-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)