What is TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB infection?
In this post you will certainly find regarding the meaning of TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB as well as its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
In the majority of the situations, TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB ransomware will certainly advise its targets to launch funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents located on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the victim can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most common networks where TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or stop the tool from operating in a proper fashion – while additionally putting a ransom note that points out the requirement for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or recovering the file system back to the first problem. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB distribution networks.
In various corners of the globe, TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB expands by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might differ relying on certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on certain local (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited content.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB popup alert may incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and also will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the device.
TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB popup alert might wrongly declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful data on the device. The alert will in a similar way have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 70B8F9EDmd5: 54cd7479c93e54ce8c9784b8b1a0392bname: 54CD7479C93E54CE8C9784B8B1A0392B.mlwsha1: c3e15e023c4ae835789b82befbe328ae137417easha256: 80e3a54e37f5e83b8bdab98b2ca765baaecb72c303fe44bc85ab85e7ece76764sha512: cea67d7c1094b107a83c607196d9d4d16e0d7d6b7e5cdaa81d83e52422a9194203680d65b44c106c46a8e47dc6251fe292930e9fcc8b757b7d5242383286afbbssdeep: 6144:qz3t44nGH7RP7lOcQ/m05SYDwPDuNZOQszyOQJZWJ:qrbGbRjlOcQ/mQY6NZRTRZWJtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright 2008-2011 x41ex41ex41e x42fx43dx434x435x43ax441InternalName: Punto Switcher UnloaderFileVersion: 220.127.116.11CompanyName: x41ex41ex41e x42fx43dx434x435x43ax441Comments: x412x44bx433x440x443x437x447x438x43a Punto SwitcherProductName: Punto SwitcherProductVersion: 18.104.22.168FileDescription: x412x44bx433x440x443x437x447x438x43a Punto SwitcherTranslation: 0x0419 0x04b0
TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Backdoor ( 005328fd1 )|
|K7GW||Backdoor ( 005328fd1 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove TrojanSpy:Win32/Ursnif.BM!MTB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)