What is TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P infection?
In this post you will discover about the definition of TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to start funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Simplified);
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization. Since VMs share the same disk space so it is expected that they won’t be getting as much space as an application running on
native hardware will have access to.
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the papers found on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels whereby TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a resource that organizes a harmful software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or protect against the tool from operating in a correct fashion – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the data system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will show up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the globe, TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P grows by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending upon specific neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful web content.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P popup alert may falsely assert to be stemming from a police institution and will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P popup alert may wrongly declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having located child porn or other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will similarly contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: AF65B28Emd5: ae16af7a610c9e7463d2a8ba47339f4dname: AE16AF7A610C9E7463D2A8BA47339F4D.mlwsha1: 9c9dca15206e19db7ff30ce1ae39ac9bdb921140sha256: 60ab6ed7bb8225258c62abd1e7375d7a23a108b1b05e4538a708ca69e192d734sha512: 47dbbc833b9879b2779a635ebfb3c3a2bfab823951c459fa6cde7ba75d21b8ff5861f9f02290b9a9b8341e8c2734a7044a134da5221f7b1b48d84c4a919f7139ssdeep: 6144:eEFUnKLJ8Ial4g9ZI7+eJlt6pZKegu9a5qARIYrcl3q3XDlUI/bWMDnX:BFUnKt8ILgoBlAZ/gCEVKYAuhVblXtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright ? 2016InternalName: ChessFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1CompanyName: PrivateBuild: LegalTrademarks: Comments: ProductName: ChessSpecialBuild: ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1FileDescription: ChessOriginalFilename: Chess.exeTranslation: 0x040f 0x04e4
TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0056fe4d1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0056fe4d1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.DBDF|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Zbot-UM|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=97)|
How to remove TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove TrojanSpy:Win32/Ranbyus.P you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)