What is TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A infection?
In this short article you will discover about the meaning of TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A and also its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to require paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A ransomware will instruct its victims to launch funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records found on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels through which TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or avoid the gadget from working in a proper manner – while likewise positioning a ransom note that states the need for the victims to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the initial problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has already been damaged.
TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A distribution channels.
In various edges of the globe, TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A grows by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending upon particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The sharp then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about illegal material.
In nations where software program piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A popup alert may incorrectly assert to be stemming from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having located child pornography or other unlawful information on the gadget.
TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A popup alert might wrongly declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having situated child porn or other illegal information on the device. The alert will likewise have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 70D4687Emd5: ee62e405569438eab3fd866f439a0860name: EE62E405569438EAB3FD866F439A0860.mlwsha1: 43b83d3273c81ca22a62dd7defbd0c994822ac97sha256: 55341b46c391ea8e3be1ac3981ebbbe7c32a37ea10570a42c26a49b9349462bbsha512: bbac9cc34a4e65159c66b9e43f6a3bcc32767d02bedfbb8e1ea636cb9f6ef47d77413076aa67368a70e209f9c1d795e6de5d3ba3ced274054b0ed2f07ab1294fssdeep: 3072:VCj9MkFqf4CtZ6N6LGaMS5cdqTEtxeZwp92BTJKY8YL2tH54YHSSvd:VCj9XUf4MZWWGZS5cYFyq9KPYLOH5N7type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Bundpil.A|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Gamarue.A you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)