What is TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil infection?
In this short article you will locate regarding the meaning of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil and also its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil virus will advise its victims to launch funds transfer for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s hard drive — so the victim can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common networks whereby TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that hosts a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or protect against the gadget from operating in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom note that states the demand for the sufferers to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the papers or bring back the file system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary relying on certain regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s gadget. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited material.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a police institution and will certainly report having located kid porn or other illegal data on the gadget.
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil popup alert may wrongly claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will similarly contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 6C5CBE56md5: 183bb106b8434e3746e5512d2107f00aname: 183BB106B8434E3746E5512D2107F00A.mlwsha1: 21ce4b6217707e98109e307846eb3237193644fdsha256: 2ffcfa757233ca9b0c62b6ef2f69e64f290176b11c0813b461a496c02949a0edsha512: 3abc7328242bc06041dd5a32f4466dbddcbeb8bdf31c7607530e0e486e3ae611e898a5bac69431e1c8ec79a3356472ecad9d6645a096bdf12d070a47e679d84fssdeep: 1536:ujOf6GKZhOHY1zCi1hFdNYqjhOrmK6o84:6qJ0NFdvjQqpo84type: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2012InternalName: javaFileVersion: 6.0.310.5Full Version: 1.6.0_31-b05CompanyName: Sun Microsystems, Inc.ProductName: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U31ProductVersion: 6.0.310.5FileDescription: Java(TM) Platform SE binaryOriginalFilename: java.exeTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004b6a801 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004b6a801 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Mal/Zbot-EZ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dofoil you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)