What is Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb infection?
In this post you will find regarding the meaning of Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb as well as its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb infection will instruct its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Enumerates user accounts on the system;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Creates an excessive number of UDP connection attempts to external IP addresses;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cerber ransomware;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records situated on the target’s hard drive — so the victim can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical channels where Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that hosts a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the tool from operating in an appropriate way – while additionally putting a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the targets to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the first condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the globe, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb grows by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software program.
In particular locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s device. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about illegal web content.
In countries where software program piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb popup alert might incorrectly claim to be stemming from a police establishment and will report having located youngster porn or other illegal information on the device.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb popup alert might falsely claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution and also will report having situated kid pornography or other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 5529DE84md5: 1e97fda428488834e73a9d21f45905caname: 1E97FDA428488834E73A9D21F45905CA.mlwsha1: 349780006801787b966a14ff7b9b7d5d0872feb6sha256: 28b28111884badedf0870be7bef1e417b3ddea12eb06b1c431e992be39d6bf8esha512: 5e6848598bb9e51df29237e3154a1f271b4b6ccb474f34c0bfbc0682a53d2e41c84214a1405d63e85dcaee95e83049a465d58ede46a6d1a1324eaf3a13a19fb9ssdeep: 3072:6LhF64nIT4kErh5Fry7qgIJsvArxl0BrlnURZYvoVgNXhlvQ/+Us2HKIacaUc22J:5O7so+rlURZqoVgXhs/DdDYuWX5type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Comments: Tool used internally by Total Commander, do not start directly!CompanyName: Ghisler Softwa re GmbH
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004fa86d1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004fa86d1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Mal/Cerber-B|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FDHE|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Zerber.jcb you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)