What is Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo infection?
In this post you will find about the definition of Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo and also its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the objective of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Unconventionial binary language: Chinese (Simplified);
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Vietnamese;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable System Restore. System Restore function – allows you to revert the computer’s state (system files, applications, and system settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover after a virus attack.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the target can no more use the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks through which Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer ending up on a source that organizes a harmful software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s computer or prevent the tool from working in a proper fashion – while additionally placing a ransom money note that states the demand for the targets to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the records or bring back the file system back to the preliminary problem. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money amount may vary relying on specific regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on particular local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In nations where software program piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo popup alert may incorrectly assert to be originating from a law enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having situated kid porn or other illegal information on the gadget.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo popup alert may incorrectly claim to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution and will report having situated child pornography or various other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: C45D7017md5: 7cfdbe70c123d2c7d1c25d8983b09395name: 7CFDBE70C123D2C7D1C25D8983B09395.mlwsha1: de5bacce8163298696b8b4689e3e77582e21aab9sha256: b15dfca14d6e5436e3c74d57c2e78d5ef5bc2cdaf1f54b238a325b8726ec7631sha512: 971afbdc7ab537e74dfb63dbd535ad33dc74be42c9ba03b26aff916abe2238b1d4a2d8706c989d338a4113f841d5ccdb72b0fe63840f58168947b0965cc0795fssdeep: 3072:1dzxF7LiU/9DzQ4hblhCn9f0S6sitwciBO3z4qCtmVHmTC:1ddF7LflAPJitwciAD4qCt4mtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 TheatricallyInternalName: ProtonsFileVersion: 111, 51, 175, 110CompanyName: Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications ABPrivateBuild: LegalTrademarks: Comments: ProductName: Relative UnconfinedSpecialBuild: ProductVersion: 135, 20, 220, 87FileDescription: TormentOriginalFilename: Segregates.exeTranslation: 0x0804 0x04b0
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004ce0ea1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004ce0ea1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Troj/Agent-ANUZ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Snocry.oo you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)