What is Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the meaning of Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo and its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the situations, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo virus will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the victim’s disk drive — so the victim can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most regular networks whereby Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or avoid the device from working in an appropriate way – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that discusses the need for the sufferers to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the records or restoring the documents system back to the initial condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo circulation networks.
In various edges of the globe, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo expands by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ relying on specific local (local) settings. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on specific neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s device. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In countries where software program piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo popup alert may wrongly declare to be stemming from a police organization and will certainly report having located child porn or various other prohibited information on the device.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo popup alert may wrongly assert to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having located child pornography or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: FFA46AD2md5: 39ef40b2ffc6e511541726860206e635name: 39EF40B2FFC6E511541726860206E635.mlwsha1: cdc9d630cbc5c3d63e740ddc2aaf6420b9b6c811sha256: 74f1811c31cd4761c0cc3cd114b2436fbbbd6631fdd24fe6d70cc4a50811363asha512: cf3706c303565600624a16821037168143b4335ed4fb1a61f5e0474e88ca5c5af68494934ccb395ed297092396f1971da6e4a37652cf3815191b2919f85f1d17ssdeep: 3072:OwhIgUggQUdrI3qcX05Mzhzo+LXXvdkwmLziOqDBFumMW8gvUqg9Ae6Y2XX9PMRu:egeRdk7XIUKNLziOqfcg9AAVBXCKnKmtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0052dee81 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GFPZ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Agent-AUL|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.vo you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)