What is Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy infection?
In this post you will find regarding the meaning of Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy and its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the cases, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy ransomware will certainly advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Ciphering the files located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels where Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of customer winding up on a source that hosts a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or stop the tool from working in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom money note that states the need for the targets to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or recovering the data system back to the preliminary condition. In most instances, the ransom note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy distribution networks.
In different corners of the world, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending on specific regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain local (local) settings.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited content.
In nations where software program piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy popup alert may incorrectly assert to be originating from a police organization and will certainly report having situated kid porn or other prohibited information on the gadget.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy popup alert may incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will similarly have a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 4E440088md5: 0d9e62d28ca5c80317f9f0bbe888c162name: 0D9E62D28CA5C80317F9F0BBE888C162.mlwsha1: 91a3794ee4457a82e618a033b51c341900aa6a76sha256: ee730173615cd139a4722ea7885bffdbb8f67a47a413161d47b405235ccd2c69sha512: 8dddd2baf88153ca501ad8ed293823c462382026676d4c4172ed3209fb73345f8617c282054f14d9e6095352daa109cfbb6ec6ec536d966a68d65bce037a30b9ssdeep: 6144:kyQ56SUdDx2/3ZDEsmS253RAJ0QSnyTr897:C56SURMvrmS2MzrStype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: (C)Samsung 2007-2015 FileVersion: 188.8.131.524CompanyName: SamsungProductName: Diacritical InstitutinProductVersion: 184.108.40.2064FileDescription: Collaborate BorgmannOriginalFilename: Diacritical InstitutinTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.jyqy you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/