What is Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker infection?
In this short article you will locate about the meaning of Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker infection will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Spanish (Argentina);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no more use the data;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels whereby Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s computer or stop the gadget from functioning in an appropriate manner – while additionally placing a ransom note that states the need for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the documents or recovering the file system back to the initial condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker distribution channels.
In various corners of the world, Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s gadget. The alert then demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In countries where software piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker popup alert may falsely claim to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will report having located youngster porn or other illegal information on the tool.
Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker popup alert might incorrectly claim to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will report having situated child pornography or various other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way consist of a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 878A7CDCmd5: 2fda5a218a8737935341a9bfe214e00ename: 2FDA5A218A8737935341A9BFE214E00E.mlwsha1: 096154fe30f8a876fdff09b5b21258c6e25d720fsha256: f06cc478bcff9df0024e228a73a98aac5bfd7bdaee5abbbc6bb0f098d837ab18sha512: ee4deb5f5b871d1bbb26a9d1708c69d661194d0f8a0f6f768a0ee00057efa427e848d3d9626afdaf28c1f0a8051fe8fe5af5c95730d2108e22d71c125cf67e51ssdeep: 12288:nkQ26RKXLRE4DFel++X0i0Y8YWQ0WAbpstON4kHFfqUc2R0hjdFXIXsLB:n1RK76leiBFH5AbNFfqU1u/IXsLBtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:FileVersus: 188.8.131.52ProductVersus: 184.108.40.206Translations: 0x0185 0x00fa
Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HKZJ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/GandCrypt-B|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
How to remove Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan-PSW.Win32.Ficker you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)