What is Trojan.Mentiger infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the interpretation of Trojan.Mentiger and also its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Trojan.Mentiger infection will instruct its sufferers to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s hard drive — so the victim can no more use the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels where Trojan.Mentiger Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of user winding up on a source that hosts a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or protect against the gadget from operating in a proper manner – while additionally positioning a ransom note that states the need for the victims to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the files or bring back the data system back to the preliminary problem. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Trojan.Mentiger distribution channels.
In different corners of the globe, Trojan.Mentiger grows by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom amount might differ depending upon specific regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on particular regional (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited material.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Trojan.Mentiger popup alert might falsely declare to be stemming from a police institution and will report having situated youngster pornography or other prohibited information on the tool.
Trojan.Mentiger popup alert might falsely assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will likewise contain a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: DC3CFC66md5: be5bf5bab89106f2f24d894e1a91c13dname: BE5BF5BAB89106F2F24D894E1A91C13D.mlwsha1: cd8e62315c8bb629798233340a644246a257295dsha256: c2a5caa1791179d75ba601e6fb7565082eb0911f8d868999a7aebe4141e3249esha512: a7612d9ab8d53d9d4773d1835d4e2e6aa0da8a128b9fd991d9ed8a6a657ed9780d035c0fc202d47211f84c45dcb26994a4193c27310f048a3bedf245453f7a26ssdeep: 6144:LRUjMoj58kG8B0Ja2D7u1TJCQ0lO0DdDQbZ78BeYziRrulPkUmlcdV0:L4z+kG8B0Jv61NCQ0NDu97m8rWASdV0type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright 2008-2011 x41ex41ex41e x42fx43dx434x435x43ax441InternalName: Punto Switcher UnloaderFileVersion: 22.214.171.124CompanyName: x41ex41ex41e x42fx43dx434x435x43a x441Comments: x412x44bx433x440x443x437x447x438x43a Punto SwitcherProductName: Punto SwitcherProductVersion: 126.96.36.199FileDescription: x412x44bx433x440x443x437x447x438x43a Punto SwitcherTranslation: 0x0419 0x04b0
Trojan.Mentiger also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0051d6d01 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0051d6d01 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Ransom-EJ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan.Mentiger virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Mentiger files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Mentiger you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)