What is Trojan.Hiyi infection?
In this post you will discover regarding the interpretation of Trojan.Hiyi and also its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Trojan.Hiyi virus will certainly advise its victims to start funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the target’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels through which Trojan.Hiyi are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that hosts a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or prevent the gadget from operating in an appropriate manner – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that states the requirement for the victims to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or restoring the data system back to the initial problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Trojan.Hiyi circulation networks.
In different edges of the world, Trojan.Hiyi expands by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount might vary relying on particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The sharp then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited web content.
In countries where software program piracy is less prominent, this method is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Trojan.Hiyi popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a police establishment and will report having located kid porn or other illegal data on the device.
Trojan.Hiyi popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will likewise have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 66E637CAmd5: 1de184938ca3d54dfc04cb06ca56ced9name: 1DE184938CA3D54DFC04CB06CA56CED9.mlwsha1: 188ae11fab39eca55d036f6de1da5d0d8a0ef5cbsha256: 33d3c13bfec76c2c76dea8de3f2549e59ff21a8aec33d4d1d965ce615d3f2334sha512: c189cea1ff045a6e1e90728b7d1c402889eb852fd9a3fcfd2d7cfd995e0d74c53a1ea7755fbefd03126720e2eb071f54b496aac129f25d124f791ea233fc2c1dssdeep: 3072:Gfv8SZbCiGFeDN7X1qfJvQ+OMv3PmMWZqQi237fpKuiMYAx7s:cLuimeDN7X8fJvNRfPmaQb7cuimBstype: PE32 executable (DLL) (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan.Hiyi also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 0040f0131 )|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 0040f0131 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/BadCert-Gen|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=81)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove Trojan.Hiyi ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Hiyi files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Hiyi you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)