What is Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic infection?
In this post you will find concerning the interpretation of Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic and its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online scams to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the instances, Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic ransomware will certainly instruct its victims to launch funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Detected script timer window indicative of sleep style evasion;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to modify desktop wallpaper;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers located on the victim’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical networks through which Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that organizes a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the gadget from functioning in a proper way – while also placing a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the initial problem. In many instances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic distribution channels.
In various edges of the globe, Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom amount might differ depending on specific regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about illegal web content.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this method is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic popup alert might incorrectly declare to be stemming from a police organization and also will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited information on the gadget.
Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic popup alert might falsely declare to be obtaining from a law enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having located child porn or various other illegal data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 8487778Emd5: 114ad7ff24ed44f7e4e485b087f5530bname: 114AD7FF24ED44F7E4E485B087F5530B.mlwsha1: 9d6519e3f2b53529ea6ce38eaf53a0bd7585801fsha256: e161bf929256961f8292266edce18aae44f6964d5ee9f6324d3c8df3820e0348sha512: 7a9b123926655d60f30b38eeeb2c60c3e5963ad7c2078e864a129527b3aff52c470f1a34a8d489ac8c0dc982d051c9a3ea3f73662b172be74a9b1c36aba62ee1ssdeep: 24576:tRmJkcoQricOIQxiZY1WNz6lWkF2YaTkj3FI9w83yBmJqQqu:CJZoQrbTFZY1WNzUBFCQGwzBGDtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:CompiledScript: AutoIt v3 Script: 3, 3, 8, 1FileVersion: 3, 3, 8, 1FileDescription: Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e3ef1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e3ef1 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
How to remove Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Agent.AutoIt.Generic you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/