What is Troj/Agent-BCEX infection?
In this post you will certainly discover concerning the interpretation of Troj/Agent-BCEX and also its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Troj/Agent-BCEX ransomware will advise its victims to initiate funds move for the function of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s tool.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s hard drive — so the target can no more use the data;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels where Troj/Agent-BCEX are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that hosts a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s PC or prevent the gadget from functioning in an appropriate way – while additionally placing a ransom money note that states the requirement for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the papers or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will come up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
Troj/Agent-BCEX distribution networks.
In various edges of the globe, Troj/Agent-BCEX expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary relying on particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific local (local) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited material.
In nations where software application piracy is much less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Troj/Agent-BCEX popup alert might incorrectly declare to be stemming from a law enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having situated kid porn or other prohibited data on the device.
Troj/Agent-BCEX popup alert might wrongly declare to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 39D1D827md5: e484150ed822cc057e2f8a5ba89d1d88name: upload_filesha1: 948d7ee7e099b36aa37b53be81c71a06ee364e16sha256: c68da9742501e4c8ba2d8f50dad2a5cd731cfc54ee5c59a2346c7d41596f6792sha512: 8fee6def7284d01f9345dcd34e3b44b07ddbc5a1582e4de45139f4e06d95ac82dfd7df27eaad76f3d5435c1bda4ffdb6ccb997e8b236a57fff34059e532f2004ssdeep: 24576:ATU7AAmZZcVKfIxTiEVc847flVC6faaQDbGV6eH81k6IbGD2JTu0GoZQDbGV6eHt:ATU7AAmw4gxeOw46fUbNecCCFbNecItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2000InternalName: FlowerPowerFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1CompanyName: PrivateBuild: LegalTrademarks: Comments: ProductName: FlowerPowerSpecialBuild: ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1FileDescription: FlowerPowerOriginalFilename: FlowerPower.EXETranslation: 0x0c09 0x04b0
Troj/Agent-BCEX also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00550e441 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00550e441 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Troj/Agent-BCEX|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
How to remove Troj/Agent-BCEX virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Troj/Agent-BCEX files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Troj/Agent-BCEX you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)