What is SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A infection?
In this article you will find regarding the interpretation of SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A and also its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the instances, SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A ransomware will instruct its targets to launch funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the target can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks where SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that hosts a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or prevent the tool from functioning in a proper way – while also placing a ransom money note that mentions the requirement for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the papers or recovering the data system back to the initial problem. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A circulation channels.
In different corners of the globe, SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A grows by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software program.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s gadget. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal content.
In nations where software piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A popup alert might wrongly claim to be originating from a police organization and also will report having located youngster porn or other prohibited information on the tool.
SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A popup alert might falsely declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or other illegal information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 23363FF4md5: 79b1d0b4f30375327234088bf13e51d8name: 79B1D0B4F30375327234088BF13E51D8.mlwsha1: e962aa47d3cb7e6fce61071bbaad866d8ea9144asha256: 91fc13c53a68a2f475de27008570f3486d18c792fd8d7c5e35440c01def05bfdsha512: 06326873abd1d0491a84c1dd14c34e0a7e17a46b5304d24a771ca508ab2e88299308a2db70d45bf05051b2a3f92cb044f2de2a86d912d5ddc8ea24ee4d2642dbssdeep: 12288:ftLXhzfoD8CeXApGDGSvOwGX3PLDl1TwDwuLY/ERMaDgsKCcjJ:f/zTC+ApGDG7h3PfTwDwNERzghdJtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: freevideocaller FileDescription: freevideocaller 184.108.40.206 Installation FileVersion: 220.127.116.11 Comments: CompanyName: freevideocaller Translation: 0x0409 0x04e4
SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
How to remove SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove SupportScam:Win32/Cusax!A you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)