What is Strictor.191993 infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover concerning the interpretation of Strictor.191993 and its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the cases, Strictor.191993 virus will advise its victims to initiate funds move for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Detected script timer window indicative of sleep style evasion;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Ciphering the records situated on the target’s disk drive — so the victim can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
The most typical networks through which Strictor.191993 Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a source that hosts a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or stop the gadget from working in a correct fashion – while likewise putting a ransom note that discusses the demand for the sufferers to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the papers or restoring the documents system back to the initial condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Strictor.191993 circulation channels.
In different edges of the world, Strictor.191993 expands by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending upon certain local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending on specific neighborhood (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s gadget. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Strictor.191993 popup alert may wrongly assert to be stemming from a law enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other prohibited information on the tool.
Strictor.191993 popup alert might falsely declare to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and also will report having situated youngster pornography or other unlawful data on the device. The alert will in a similar way consist of a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: ECDF8B00md5: d69e8159dd0dd4f221167fe763f5330fname: mozilla.exesha1: 2065fe0402675fae3d7fcc9e17e54dabf05b3dddsha256: 97a6154068952254d56ce3a94b9f46f920379e149c99f037c06d79cefad08311sha512: eb2b46ce7edb16ea754c4470bf989ce34f8b9c88c1e5699a5fa193904adc079ebedd3cbbd6ac1d79db2c24cfc50a10a88d51ff2dc74bce982da48cc23ab7e331ssdeep: 49152:W+NMeQSl8d6LQFS76JRvOJ+Z8v11zSUAWH8uXFUnudllfTbcYx:Q08fSWJR2J+CdArWFXeYgKtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Strictor.191993 also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0054f7ba1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0054f7ba1 )|
|Endgame||malicious (moderate confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.BAEZMMP|
How to remove Strictor.191993 ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Strictor.191993 files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Strictor.191993 you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)