What is SScope.Trojan.Hlux infection?
In this short article you will certainly find regarding the interpretation of SScope.Trojan.Hlux and its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, SScope.Trojan.Hlux ransomware will certainly advise its sufferers to start funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Ciphering the papers situated on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no more use the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels where SScope.Trojan.Hlux Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of customer ending up on a resource that organizes a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or stop the tool from operating in a correct manner – while additionally putting a ransom note that points out the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will turn up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
SScope.Trojan.Hlux distribution channels.
In different edges of the world, SScope.Trojan.Hlux expands by leaps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on specific neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The alert after that requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the SScope.Trojan.Hlux popup alert might wrongly assert to be stemming from a police institution and will certainly report having situated kid porn or various other illegal information on the tool.
SScope.Trojan.Hlux popup alert might incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement organization and also will report having situated kid pornography or various other illegal information on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: D79C8476md5: c80defb4df0f2ff306a820a9fc6acd70name: upload_filesha1: 0ba618da5dd2489059bd307a87dd9418cf678e6dsha256: f8d52267eb8ea19d0559fba40baf019edca3ed6a66368482a5476955b8941b98sha512: c47da5bc12572fdd54792c2fbe189a59b229f2444965a97dad050fb79cce340a5ce49158aac12d4f2ff2743eff0cc8ad1798db97d8d3d2b91ca6fd9bad4313b9ssdeep: 24576:ATU7AAmZZcVKfIxTiEVc847flVC6faaQDbGV6eH81k6IbGD2JTu0GoZQDbGVhGV1:ATU7AAmw4gxeOw46fUbNecCCFbaGecNtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2000InternalName: FlowerPowerFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1CompanyName: PrivateBuild: LegalTrademarks: Comments: ProductName: FlowerPowerSpecialBuild: ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1FileDescription: FlowerPowerOriginalFilename: FlowerPower.EXETranslation: 0x0c09 0x04b0
SScope.Trojan.Hlux also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00550e441 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00550e441 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Troj/Agent-BCEX|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove SScope.Trojan.Hlux ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for SScope.Trojan.Hlux files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove SScope.Trojan.Hlux you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)