rsEngineSvc.exe is a process related to a RAV Antivirus, a potentially unwanted program for Windows. In order to safeguard your computer, it is important to uninstall Rsenginesvc.
rsEngineSvc is a process of a service related to RAV antivirus. The latter is an unwanted program (a.k.a rogue antivirus) that often comes within software bundles. rsEngineSvc.exe is a pillar process of that unwanted program, as it provides essential functionality.
If you observe high memory and/or CPU that comes from rsEngineSvc.exe, it is advisable to investigate the presence of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) called RAV Antivirus. This software is the sole reason for this unwanted process to appear. Simply terminating the rsEngineSvc process in the Task Manager is unlikely to make serious difference. Although the process may temporarily cease, it is likely to be relaunched soon or upon restarting the computer. To completely and permanently eliminate rsEngineSvc.exe, it is necessary to remove any components associated with RAV Antivirus from your system.
Is rsEngineSvc.exe a virus?
Correct, rsEngineSvc.exe is not a virus. While it can contribute to system slowdowns and performance issues, it is generally not a malicious process. However, to ensure protection against actual viruses, it is recommended to remove rsEngineSvc along with any associated software, such as RAV Antivirus. rsEngineSvc.exe is essentially a process launched by the RAV Antivirus PUP. RAV Antivirus is a security software that is not reported as malicious. However, it is not beneficial for your system. At best, it is an outdated, poorly optimized, and mostly useless tool that unnecessarily consumes system resources and disturbs your experience.
Even if you are not particularly bothered by the presence of RAV Antivirus and its impact on system performance and resource allocation, it is still important to delete the application and permanently eliminate rsEngineSvc. The reason is that the presence of RAV Antivirus on your computer could potentially make it vulnerable. This outdated software is likely to have exploitable bugs that real malware could use to infiltrate your system. Moreover, RAV Antivirus could be hijacked by scammers and used as a tool for displaying fake ads, misleading download and update prompts, and links to phishing pages. In summary, although RAV Antivirus is technically a legitimate security program, its presence on your computer does not bring any benefits, which is why removal is recommended.
How did I get RAV Antivirus?
It is worth noting that if you do not remember installing the program responsible for the rsEngineSvc process on your PC and have no idea how it got there, it is likely that the unwanted software was installed through a file bundle. This means that other undesirable apps may have entered your system without your knowledge, some of which may even be considered malware. This further emphasizes the importance of removing RAV Antivirus and permanently terminating the rsEngineSvc.exe process. For this reason, a detailed guide is provided below, offering manual steps to clean your computer from RAV Antivirus, rsEngineSvc.exe, and any other unwanted processes or apps that may be present.
If the rsEngineSvc.exe process is currently running in your Task Manager, we strongly advise you to proceed directly to the guide and start following its steps. The entire process should take no more than 20 minutes, and once completed, your system will be clean and secure.
|Distribution Method||Software bundling, Intrusive advertisement, redirects to shady sites etc.|
|Removal||Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware for automatic rsEngineSvc.exe removal.|
How to remove it?
Removing such a apps needs making use of specific program. Proper antivirus should have high capability at scanning and be lightweight – in order to make no problems with usage also on weak computers. Additionally, it is recommended to have proactive protection in your security solution – to stop the virus even before it launches. Microsoft Defender lacks these functions for different factors. That’s why I’d advise you to use a third-party anti-malware program for that objective. GridinSoft Anti-Malware is a superb choice that fits each of the discussed features.1
Prior to the malware removal, it is important to reboot your Windows into Safe Mode with Networking. Since rsEngineSvc.exe takes a lot of CPU power, it is needed to halt it before launching the security program. Otherwise, your scan will last for years, even though the GridinSoft program is pretty lightweight.
Booting the PC into Safe Mode with Networking
Press the Start button, then choose Power, and click on Reboot while holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
Windows will reboot into recovery mode. In that mode, choose Troubleshoot→ Startup Settings→ Safe Mode with Networking. Press the corresponding button on your keyboard to choose that option.
When your computer is in Safe Mode, all third-party programs, just like the majority of non-crucial operating system components, are not launched with the system start. That allows you to clean the computer.
Remove rsEngineSvc.exe with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common unwanted applications as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove rsEngineSvc.exe as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “rsEngineSvc.exe” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing rsEngineSvc.exe and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
How to remove rsEngineSvc.exe?
Description: rsEngineSvc.exe is not a virus. Although it may cause system slowdowns and performance issues, it typically does not pose a threat. However, to protect your system from actual viruses, it is recommended to uninstall rsEngineSvc.exe and any associated software, such as RAV Antivirus. rsEngineSvc.exe is a process launched by the RAV Antivirus potentially unwanted program (PUP). RAV Antivirus is a security software that is not considered malicious. However, it is not beneficial for your system. In fact, it is an outdated, poorly optimized, and mostly useless tool that unnecessarily consumes system resources and disrupts your user experience.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Trojan
User Review( votes)
- Our review on GridinSoft Anti-Malware.