What is Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L infection?
In this article you will find regarding the interpretation of Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L as well as its adverse impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
In the majority of the cases, Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L ransomware will advise its sufferers to launch funds move for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents located on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the victim can no more use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels through which Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L Ransomware are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or protect against the tool from functioning in a proper way – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that discusses the need for the targets to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the preliminary condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L circulation channels.
In various edges of the globe, Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and tricks of extorting the ransom quantity may differ depending on certain regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific regional (regional) setups.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L popup alert might incorrectly claim to be originating from a police establishment and also will certainly report having located child porn or various other unlawful information on the device.
Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L popup alert might wrongly assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and will certainly report having situated kid porn or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 5F164C0Dmd5: 5580e75d6e42ac15c892b640a4d20527name: 5580E75D6E42AC15C892B640A4D20527.mlwsha1: 6e1610a9f452be0f8c6bdbfb8d2a2fcc44221678sha256: 186b7b25b6ec5159b2d67dd1df5e4eaf811756ae0b239b528d39b9bbbe7e1b5csha512: 58660ca5d446feb1cbb0a55d9f2cc308c447db22620c058772ad67c7f3ab5b57e224e7b782b80fe85e7f926321da0c499bb867d5ee5ff0fa8429bde1077805e0ssdeep: 3072:5dm02kNdH6rih7zvfPRIQModK+l/ionaXUojcm2Ey/fnMEGqP67FUQvkUiGt62I:/XPdH6U7P2QZdK+lKonqafndGJvNiGttype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Password-Stealer ( 0040f2a31 )|
|K7GW||Password-Stealer ( 0040f2a31 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/BcCheMan-A|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=81)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.XRY|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.L you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)